Did you know that in Southern part of Africa (South Africa, Namibia and Botswana) there’s a bubble gum brand which has a few random “Did you know” facts on its paper cover?
While I was in Namibia and Botswana, I ended up collecting the small papers. I found it fun somehow.
So here it is, a part of my collection.
- Dinosaurs are ancestors of chicken.
- Earth’s molten metal outer core is about 3000 km below the surface.
- Even if 75% of the human liver is removed, it can grow back to its original size.
- Every year in Sweden a hotel is built out of ice and occupied until it melts (apparently, even in Romania there’s one, at Bâlea Lake).
- Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- A chameleon can move its eyes in two different directions at the same time.
- It only takes 8 minutes for sunlight to travel from the sun to the earth.
- Leonardo da Vinci never signed or dated his most famous painting.
- The word “karate” means empty hand.
- Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.
- It takes more than 80 muscles to say one word.
- Jellyfish consists of 95% water.
- Kangaroos cannot walk backwards.
How many did you already know?